BookMentors strives to provide a safe online environment for its members. We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all members, including the ones with opposing views, to communicate and share information and experiences with others.
Be aware that any content you post or any conversation you participate in on BookMentors, except one-to-one, is publicly accessible on the Internet and can be seen by all BookMentors members and visitors. You must decide what content to post and what to say in the conversations you participate in.
BookMentors members, like in the real world, are diverse and their views on different topics reflect that diversity. Conversational debate is encouraged but must remain civil and respectful. Everyone who wants to be a BookMentors member, post content, and participate in online conversations must use common sense and tolerance. You, as a BookMentors member, bear the sole responsibility for any content you post or say on BookMentors, and you specifically agree not to engage in a conversation or post content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive, sexually explicit, defamatory, harassing, invasive of another person's privacy, or otherwise objectionable;
- Is racially, ethnically, religiously, or sexually offensive, or that promotes hatred;
- Is false, misleading, manipulative, misinformative, or is intended to involve members into activity aimed at harming a third party;
- Exploits persons under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- Contains other person's private data, like email addresses, telephone numbers, or postal addresses, without his or her prior written consent;
- Is a form of "spam", "referral marketing", "affiliate schemes", "junk mail", "chain letters", or similar online activities;
- Contains viruses, spyware, adware, or any other malicious code that could harm, destroy or interrupt the proper functioning of software programs, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Infringes copyrights, trade marks, patents or other proprietary rights of BookMentors Inc. or third parties;
- Encourages breaking any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- Represents unsolicited commercial activity or an attempt to use the BookMentors Inc. Sites and Services to promote or advertise goods and services;
- Impersonates any other person or entity or falsely states your involvement in an organization, cause or campaign;
- Is aimed at interrupting the normal flow of communication by flaming (sending harsh messages that abuse another participant to provoke a negative reaction), flooding (posting messages one after the other, thus making it difficult to answer), trolling (intentional posting of derogatory or inflammatory messages aimed at triggering a response from other participants) or baiting (offering unrealistic or nonexistent bargains to get somebody for entering into another deal or agreement) other participants.